Monday, January 23, 2012

An Epistolary Work

Here's a little epistolary that I just wrote for Creative Writing. It's not great but it's due in like an hour so I had to write it!!! I was gonna turn in "The Lost Letters" but that's on my school H drive :P I should really bring that home... gr.

Here it is! :) ENJOY! (it's not great so don't be too mean! :P )

Life and Its Difficulties
Dear Diary,
Today is the day that my mommy got this for me. It's April 29, 2003. It's my birthday... so I guess you're my present... gee some present! I don't have good handwriting! I'm 6! Well, now I'm 7... Happy birthday to me. Mommy said I have an “overactive imagination.” So she said to write it all down in this little book. I hope it works because I have a lot of stories in my head!

Love, Parker




Dear Diary,
Well, Mom's present didn't work too well did it? I'm 11 now... I haven't even looked at this little red book since 2003. Sorry about that... I'll try harder.
Okay so I guess you're a diary so I can confide in you, right? There's a boy. His name is Garrett. He's got brown eyes and dirty blond hair... he's really cute. He is the CUTEST guy in the 6th grade! And... I think he likes ME. He keeps shooting me looks in LA... so maybe he wants to ask me to the 6th grade dance... It's coming up!!!! I hope he asks me... but I don't know what Mom will do... she doesn't want me dating until I'm 13. I guess I could lie and say that I was just going as friends... That is, if he even asks me...
-Parker




Dear Diary,
I'm officially a 7th grader! I'm entering junior high with my best friend, Addie, by boyfriend, Garrett, and a new set of school supplies. I'm excited. Today was my first day and it was FANTASTIC! Junior high is just like elementary school except you go to a different room for each subject. I didn't get lost or anything! I was proud.
I had the CUTEST outfit too! My new pink tiered skirt, white ruffled sleevless blouse, and my Mary-Jane flats. Mom curled my hair (because today was also picture day... surprising) and I looked awesome! Garrett said I was beautiful. Of course, that was AFTER pictures were taken in the morning and I snuck on some makeup in the bathroom... Mom still won't let me wear it! She allowed dating but the no-makeup-till-I'm-14 thing is getting annoying. So, I'm not waiting. Yeah, it means lying, but whatevs.
I have a ton of homework though. That's the one thing I don't like...
~Parker :)




Diary-
LAST DAY OF 8TH GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be in high school!!! Soooo excited!
I am sort of worried though... For one thing, these little dry patches have formed on my cheeks... I used to have acne there and it's not noticable, just uncomfortable... I don't know if I should tell Mom or just let it slide by...
Also, Garrett broke up with me a few weeks ago. And Addie turned into a little bitch. I don't know what happened between us! It's like, when there's other people around, I'm not good enough for her. Puh-lease. She may be thinner, more popular, and have a boyfriend, but I am WAY prettier and not self-centered! And my mom doesn't hate me!
Okay, that was mean. But Addie's mom is always putting Addie down... and I do feel bad about that but maybe Addie is asking for it...
Whatever. Now I'm in a bad mood. I'm gonna go ask mom to drive me to the pool.
C ya, Parker




Journal,
I'm a sophomore now... And I really regret not writing in you more often over these years. I'm taking a creative writing course at the college (because Mom says I still have an “overactive imagination”) and I'm LOVING it. I'm discovering so many new things about myself that I never even realized before.
Like, I love writing poetry.
Oh and when a writer says “the door was blue,” he's apparently saying “I'm depressed and I want to kill myself because of a lost love,” and here all this time I thought the writer was just saying “the door was blue.” Hm. Guess not.
Anyway, I got a new journal. One specifically for my “imagination.” But I'll try harder to write in here every once in a while. I promise.
I never meant to neglect you. I really didn't. And if I keep doing it in the future, it's not your fault. I'm a busy girl. Can't help it!

-Parker




Dear Diary,
This will be the last time I write in you. I know I've barely filled you're pages but it has to be this way.
I graduate from high school tomorrow. I'm scared, Diary. I don't know what's next for me... I mean, I know I'm going to NYU with an English major but then what? Marriage? Kids?
I haven't told you, but since the end of sophomore year I've been dating a guy named Blake. He's wonderful and sweet and nice and perfect. I think I'm in love with him... No. I AM in love with him. I'm going to call him right now and tell him... Be right back...
I just hung up with Blake. He... said he loved me too! I can't stop smiling and now I really can't wait to see him tomorrow! He's our class valedictorian (I was actually 3rd in my class. Some boy named Matt Shaefer was second) and I couldn't be prouder of him! When he found out he spent WEEKS on his speech. I've heard it. It's amazing.
Well, that's all I guess. Tomorrow a high school graduate. The next day, who knows?

Love, and always,
Parker <3

No comments:

Post a Comment