Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Why Can't Annie Just Get the Damn Gun?!

Greetings fellow humans :)

I realize it's been a long while since we last spoke, so let me get you updated.

Things are going great with me and Austin :) We recently hit that one-month milestone as in any relationship, and it was a good day for the both of us :D Okay so it was just like any other day but I got to see him. So I was THRILLED :)

Tech week was... awful. Don't get me wrong, it was fun spending all that time with my makeshift family (ha ha) but the rehearsals weren't too great. We had an in-school rehearsal on Thursday and that was a bust.

BUT Friday's show was insanely amazing. Words cannot describe how happy I felt when I knew we'd opened the show on a great note. We nailed it. Opening night was such a huge success. We literally pulled that show out of our asses. Even our PRINCIPAL said that it was one of the best performances we'd ever given. And we were at such a disadvantage, what with Hurricane Sandy stealing away three rehearsals and a pit band problem. But we did it ;) And I have never been prouder of my friends.

Saturday's show was a little less extravagent. Not as many people showed up (which was typical) but it was seriously like EMPTY. It was kind of pathetic. My parents and sisters were in the audience as well as Austin and his dad :) I was so nervous. I wanted to do a good job for them. Austin told me it was great and I did really well :) then he hugged me and kissed me in the middle of a crowd of people (and call me a helpless romantic, but OMG it made me so happy and I felt like the whole rest of the world had melted away...).

There was a sour note though... Saturday is the day that senior speeches are given. I don't know if you guys have that, but the closing night of each show, the seniors give speeches about their time with Stage Wright (drama club). I'll admit, I cried. I had to redo my makeup afterwards. Christa, Aaron, Ben, Dillon, Matt, Katie, Olivia, Kyle, Evan, Jalen, Tori, all of my friends are leaving me... I'm going to miss them so much.

And with that, I bid thee farewell. Auditions for our spring show are on December 11. It's a drama :D

For my Greasers and Socs out there,


<3 p="p">

No comments:

Post a Comment