Sunday, May 5, 2013

Carry On

There's a saying and it is:

"If someone wants to be a part of your life, they'll make an effort to be in it. So don't bother reserving a space in your heart for someone who doesn't make an effort to stay."

Easier said than done.

I'm the weirdest person ever. I have people in my life for a long time and then when they decide to top trying, it doesn't faze me. Yeah, I'll be upset but I won't let it control my entire life. Then there are other people, who have never made an effort to stay in the first place, that I can't get over.

I'll be the first to admit that I, myself, Megan, am acting like a child. I'm being immature about this person that is making zero effort to be in my life. I can't get over it and it is affecting my whole life.

This person can be described in the song "Troublemaker" by Olly Murs, minus the rap part by Flo Rida. The lyrics go:

"I know you're no good, but you're stuck in my brain,"

Yeah.

He's toxic. He's poison. He's bad for me. I've heard it all a million times. But I can't screw things up again.

On a slightly happier note, I visited Towson University on Friday (no school, woohoo!) with my mom. TU is where she and my dad met. When we went on the campus tour, she kept pointing stuff out like "I fell down these stairs" and "I lived up in that room! No THAT one!" and "That's because psych is AWESOME." It was hilarious. I love my mom :)

The campus was beautiful and big and overwhelming but I could see myself going there. TU is what I'm calling my "safety school," meaning it'll be the school I go to if I don't get into my first or second choice schools (Washington & Roanoke). I'm also going to be looking into University of MD at College Park and maybe McDaniel.

As you can see, I have a fair mix of private and state schools.

I'm so freaking excited.

On an even happier note, last night I went to a party at my friend Charlotte's house. It was seriously the most fun I've had in a while. Since the play, maybe. And that wasn't even this much fun. I'm in love with every person that was there and it was exhilarating and we were all drunk on life. I don't think I've laughed so much in one sitting. In fact, my stomach started to hurt I was laughing so much!!

I'm a day late, but May the 4th be with you.

In the words of Shane Dawson,

I'm sorry I'm a f**k up!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment