Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy Summer! Here's Some Tornado Watches and Rain!

Tomorrow is my last day of school and I honestly couldn't be happier. I'm ready for summer! :) All I want is to sleep in and read and write all day, every day.

Except that I have camp...
And I have to get a job...
And I have to babysit...
And I have summer work...

Yeah....

But you know what? I'm going to do it anyway! I can write as much as I want. I do my best writing at night anyway, so I'll just stay up late and write.

My goal for this summer is to write enough short stories and poems to make a sort of anthology of my work. Considering my novel (remember Royal Runaway? Yeah, me either) will never be finished, I'm focusing on the short stuff right now. I have, however, set myself a goal to finish RR before I go off to college. That way I can edit it and maybe get it published before I'm an actual adult. Haha.

We got the literary magazine today. I have 2 entries in there!!!!! "The House With The Red Roof" is in there and a poem I wrote called "The Silent Spider" which I'm pretty sure is on here somewhere... I'll look and if it's not, I'll post it. It wasn't very good if you ask me. But all of the work was submitted anonymously, so my friends that were on the staff picked it because they liked the poem, not me. Which made me feel good :)

I marked off the pages with my works and I'm going to put it on the table before I go to drivers ed (make up class tonight... Hooray (sarcasm)) and when I get home, maybe my dad will have read them. I hope so.

I just got a phone call saying that we had a tornado watch effective until 10 PM tonight. My drivers ed class is held in this little shack next to a high school. I'm terrified that I'm going to get picked up and sucked into a twister like in Wizard of Oz.

Speaking of which, I'm taking Drama II next year with Mrs. Price!!!! I'm so excited. I love Mrs. Price so much and I've never had her as a teacher before but Mrs. Bullis told me Mrs. Price is teaching Drama II & III next year so I was like "SIGN ME UP!!"

I'm pretty much set with next year. I know the classes I'm taking, just not the order.

College Sociology
AP Statistics
British Literature
Drama II
Creative Writing III
Journalism II
German IV
Master Tutor for German

:) I'm excited. I'm not taking anything too challenging, and I know all of my teachers really well except for AP Stat... I don't know who teaches that!!

I got to destroy library books today. It was painful. During my Women in Perspective class, Mrs. Grauel volunteered Maggie and myself to help out Mrs. King in the library and we had to take books out of circulation and take off the stickers that had the schools name on them. We had to cut into some of them and cross out names in permanent marker. It was so painful to hurt theses books... One of them was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix!!!! Oh my gosh it was hard...

<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment