Monday, August 23, 2010

Possibilities?

I have fantastic news!!! I have a follower that I don't know! Thank you Lilianna!

So today I was writing a continuation of my Runaway Royalty (clips posted later) and I came up with an idea... I love the musical ANNIE, I played Lieutenant Ward in my school's production of ANNIE, I know the movie better than I know the back of my head... why not write a version of the play but in modern form! So I have about six pages written so far, tell me whatcha think!

*I put in the white ear-buds and pressed play. Through the buds I heard “Maybe” from the original musical ANNIE. It was always my favorite play because I was told that I was named after the main characters. My name is Annie Grace. I have no last name, because I am an orphan. An orphan slash indentured servant. Miss Hannigan houses me, Tessie, Molly, Pepper, and June in the basement of her successful travel agency. We type and do her laundry. She barely ever gives us treats. We work and clean for food. She feeds us three times a day although she often forgets lunch. We only get what she calls “MUSH” which is an acronym for macaroni, udon noodles, salami, and hot dog slices.
She gets all these foods and puts them together in a huge pot of boiling water. She adds some salt and pepper and boom, you have MUSH. Sometimes it's hot, sometimes it's cold. Lately it's been cold because the microwave in her loft upstairs is broken.
I tiptoed over to the lumpy sofa in the basement and sat down. The basement is smallish but roomy because there isn't much down there. All we have is the couch, a reclining leather chair (our “luxury furniture” as Miss Hannigan says), a few throw rugs, and, my personal favorite, the cots. Since there are five of us, we have two double cots and one single cot. Pepper is the oldest so she usually sleeps on the single while Molly and I sleep on one of the doubles and Tessie and June sleep on the other double.*

Comment people!!! :) This is just a few paragraphs from the entire story but I think that if I do decide to work on this, I am going to wait until I finish Runaway Royalty. I don't want to get the wire's crossed and get confused. Trust me, I've learned that the hard way!

I have four favorite books in the entire world. They are as follows:
1) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows... J.K. Rowling
2) The Outsiders... S.E. Hinton
3) Secret Life Of Bees... Sue Monk Kidd
4) To Kill A Mockingbird... Harper Lee

Harry Potter, I actually love the entire series but I love the last one in particular. Not only is it the longest, but I never get tired of the story. I have reread the Deathly Hallows more times than I have reread any of the others. I am so excited for the movie (part I) to come out on November 19th!!!!! I'm going to the midnight showing with my dad, as long as my grades are good... it'll go into the Friday so I'd have to miss school but OH WELL :D

The Outsiders I have been reading since 4th grade. I used to fantasize about Soda and Ponyboy all the time. I loved the idea of the book and just the way it all fit together... not much to say about it, except that I have misplaced my very-much-used copy of the book... :'(

Secret Life Of Bees I had to read for a summer reading list for my Honor's English class. I loved the relationship between August and Lily but Lily frustrated me to every possible extent. There were some points in the story where I despised her! I enjoyed reading it very much, and the report I had to do about it was difficult because everything was so precise and elaborate! We had to separate the book into 3 sections and summarize each section in only 100 WORDS! No more than 100 words!!!! it was near impossible for me ;) I enjoyed the book though.

To Kill A Mockingbird. Set in the great depression. All about a black man, Tom Robinson, who was accused of harming Mayella Ewell and how Tom had to go to trial and... why am I telling you all this? GO READ THE BOOK YOURSELF! IT'S A CLASSIC AMERICAN NOVEL!

~*~*~*

Today we went to Target for milk and for me to look for a birthday present for my friend (yes Care that's you ;)). We left the house around nine forty-five. We didn't get home until 1:10!!!!! We had to spend a half hour in the toy section at Target for my sister to try and spend her Target giftcard, plus they had no milk at Target. Then my other sister wanted a yo-yo so we went across the street to Toys R Us to get her a yo-yo. Then the car battery died and we had to go to the car dealership to get the battery replaced. Jones is a nice place though, they gave us hot dogs and pop corn! :D

I babysat from 6ish to about 8:30, so I missed Secret Life of the American Teenager, but I am going to watch it in about 10 minutes when it comes on again.

It was a productive day all in all, happy reading!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment