Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Frustrating...

I am very frustrated at the moment. Two seconds ago, I was fine. Completely content. Then my sister comes home. She's in 4th grade so today she got to choose an instrument to play. She chose clarinet. I played clarinet. Her exact words: "I'm really good at it!" She got about ten minutes to mess around with 2 instruments and that is that. There's no way in cheese that she could decide if she was good at anything. Trust me. I went to that school. I know how it works. Mel has the teacher she wanted right? She like LOVES her teacher. Mel is gonna forget to go to practices and forget to practice. Trust me. I know my sister. The part that pissed me off most? She said "And if I need any help, I'm going to go to Courtney." Yes, my neighbor plays the clarinet still but Court is so advanced that she won't be able to handle Mel's constant calling and bothering. It hurt. I played clarinet. She KNOWS I played clarinet. I played when I was in 4th grade just like her. The band teacher (who is now retired) made me quit because I wasn't practicing enough. I was decent at clarinet but she just didn't like me. But whatever. If Mel wants to play the clarinet, so be it. I know the only reason she chose it was because I used to play it. She always wants to do exactly what I do. It's annoying! If I say I liked a movie, she says "Oh yeah me too!" And just smiles. She instigates and insults me when my parents aren't around. She is the perfect angelic middle child who everyone loves and cherishes. She is a mean little girl.

Today was a B1 day which means I had Science, English, First Lunch, Math, and Amer Gov. Science was okay because we just did textbook work independently. It was boring but I was tired.

Then in English (my favorite class) we did character trait alphacharts. We took the narrator of To Kill a Mockingbird (Scout) and matched one character trait about her to every letter in the alphabet. I was letter B. I picked the word BEMUSED. She understood everything that was going on but she was still curious and always asked questions.

I had first lunch today which wasn't so bad because that's the day I have with Meg, Care, Alexis, and Claudia :) Care was carrying the purse I gave her for her birthday this year and I stood at our table and said "Attention this table. Just for the record, I bought this purse for Care!" It was funny and they laughed.

Then I had math. I swear my math teacher is crazy. Today she told us that 9 does not equal 9. Yes. She did. The other day we were learning about undefined terms (line, point, plane) and I asked her "If you can describe something then why can't you use those descriptions to form a definition?" and I swear to G*d she flipped out. She started like yelling at me. "YOU JUST CAN'T OKAY?!" I was very scared... Then that night when I got home, I went IN THE DICTIONARY and looked up the words POINT, PLANE, and LINE. There in the dictionary, were DEFINITIONS using the words we used to DESCRIBE those very words earlier that very day. I swear she hates me.

Last I had American Govt. We got into groups of 5 or 6 and we had to build card towers. Each group had a different set of laws. My group was the best and our rules were "There is one main leader and two helpers. Everyone contributes to the building." I was the main leader. All the other groups had something like "The oldest person in your group is in charge and everyone else must do what he/she says" or "The tallest person in the group is the only one who is allowed to build, no input is allowed from anyone else." It was pretty cool because we won :)

I am sitting in my room right now looking at my iPod app called Weird Laws. So I have decided that every post will have a "Weird Law of the Day" and a "Surviving Freshmen Year Tip Of the Day."

WEIRD LAW OF THE DAY: IN MARYLAND: It is illegal to mistreat oysters.

SURVIVING FRESHMEN YEAR: If a big scary senior comes up to you in the hallway, tell them you're a sophmore that just transferred from a different state. But make sure you can remember what state you say just in case you run into them again.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment