Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Big Bang Theory - TULOM

Greetings fellow readers. Lately I have been watching this show The Big Bang Theory with my mom. It's really funny. It's about these five friends (Sheldon, Leonard, Howard, Raj, and Penny). Sheldon, Leonard, and Raj all have PhD's and Howard has a Masters Degree. Penny is a waitreTss at the Cheesecake Factory. It's really hilarious because Sheldon doesn't understand sarcasm, humor, or metephors at all. He's like Amelia Bedelia. He takes everything very literally.

Today is Saturday! HURRAY! I love Saturday's because I don't have school tomorrow! Plus instead of just one day I get 2 days to do my homework! YAAAHH!!!!!!

Here's the next little bit of TULOM -

I looked around for familiar faces. One family at the end of our new street brought us some brownies on Friday evening. It was a woman and her two kids. A freshmen and a senior, two girls. Katherine – or Kate – was a freshmen and Kelly was a senior. Kate seemed nice for a kid. Kelly was really nice too and I did have one class with her. We had AP World History together third period on B days. I had no idea what today was. A day? B day? What was the difference?!
At my school in Kentucky, we had seven periods a day, 45 minute class periods, and the same schedule everyday aside from alternating gym/health days. Life was simple in Louisville. I lived there my whole life.
I heard an annoying trill bell and everyone scrambled around me instead of socializing like they were before. I saw Kate and caught her arm. She was walking with a boy who was three feet taller than her. They were holding hands. “What?” she asked, annoyed. “Oh it's you.”
“How do I get to room 340? I have science and I am so confused,” I confessed. I felt stupid asking a freshmen for directions.
“Go upstairs and you'll see the signs. Hurry though 'cause that bell means you have three more minutes.” She walked away with a flip of the hair and the boy still in her hand.
I sighed and just went to the office and asked for help. A nice secretary named Mrs. Betty helped me find my science room. She also gave me a map of all the floors and showed me where the back staircases were. I thanked her and inhaled as I entered my science classroom. I told the teacher that I was new and he put me next to someone named Ian Jackson. I walked over to him. He was alone while all the others had a partner.
I slid onto the stool next to him. “Hi,” I said, starting conversation.
“Hello,” he said roughly, like he was holding his breath.
“I'm Veronica but my friends back home call me Rover because... I love dogs,” I lied. Yeah, my friends call me Rover but not because I love dogs. In fact, I never had a pet ever unless you count a couple dead goldfish and my moms dog that we got a couple years ago.
“I'm Ian. Please let me pay attention,” he said sharply. I took that as a 'shut up and turn around so I don't have to talk to you anymore.' I did. I faced forward and didn't say another word the entire class period.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment