Friday, December 2, 2011

"My Fireplace Sings"

Waiting on my sofa,
Sitting.
Sitting very still.
Listening very closely...
Do you hear it?
The wind whistling?
It's singing,
Singing softly to me
Saying everything will be alright.
A single tear runs down my cheek,
When I think about how she hurt me.
“Shh,” the wind whispers.
“Everything will be alright.”
I strengthen up,
Gotta stay tough.
The world isn't as welcoming.
I know it's not as bad as it seems,
But it hurts.
Sitting.
All alone.
Just me and my fireplace.
The wind blowing.
Blowing,
Whistling,
Singing.
My fireplace sings to me.
Softly and gently,
I drift off to sleep.
Only happy thoughts in my mind,
The last thing I heard...
Was my fireplace singing.


I was thinking about submitting this to a contest... Thoughts? :)

<3

2 comments:

  1. its great i think u should submit it cuz knowin ma gurl shed win or try her hardest to do so love you <333-travis <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna give it to him tomorrow <3 thanks travis and love you too <3

    ReplyDelete