Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Edline Drama

I don't know if all schools use this or if it's just my school system but we use this website called Edline.

For those who don't know, Edline is a site where teachers can post grades, assignments, reminders, etc for parents & students to see.

All of my teachers use Edline but one teacher in particular doesn't really understand the concept.

My Bio teacher (for the sake of identity safety we'll call her Mrs. Jones) updates Edline more often than any of my other teachers. But what Mrs. Jones fails to understand is that...okay let me just start at the beginning.

Today we had 3 homework assignments due. I completed 2 if the 3 and was going to ask for partial credit on the third if I brought it in tomorrow. When I walked into class though, Mrs. Jones says that all 3 assignments aren't due until May 18. So I turned in one of the assignments and decided to redo the second one (I'd done it really sloppily) and turn both in next class. But when I got home today, I had an Edline update from Mrs. Jones' bio class. I have two zeros on Edline.

See, Mrs. Jones often gives us a few days to finish homework. So sometimes students finish them early and just turn them in early. That's fine and dandy and all, but then Mrs. Jones puts their grades on Edline. The way Edline works is that you have to put in a grade for every student or it shows up as a zero. So now I have two zeros. I had an 89.3 and now I have an 80.0 because of two "missing" 20 point homework assignments.

And even worse, my parents see the zeros and assume that I simply didn't do my homework. Then I have to explain that my teacher is an idiot and doesn't understand the Internet.

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment