Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Not Good At Chapters

I'm writing a novella for my final in creative writing and I think it's coming along nicely until he tells me

"Oh, you need to have chapters."

Thanks Mr. Newman for letting me know.

I've never been good at separating stories into chapters. I feel like stories should be one long thing. When we tell stories verbally we don't say

"Chapter one. There once was a boy who lived in a village..."

No! We just tell the damn story! So why should my writing be like that?! I mean, if it's a really long story (like RR) then yes, use chapters. But for a short little 30 page novella? No I don't think chapters are necessary.

Now onto bigger, more painful news.

I have awful sunburn. It's so insanely painful.

I went swimming at Meg's house on Sunday and, don't get me wrong, it was like the best time I've ever had with my best friends, but it was really cloudy! I did wear sunscreen but I didn't think I was gonna get burned do I didn't put a whole bunch on. Carrie did attack me with it though after lunch (thanks hon!). Now she's calling me Lil Red cuz my skin has a lovely burn tint to it. It's on my face and shoulders and back of my neck. It's also on my upper right thigh and partially on my right arm.

It's so painful. And don't tell me to put aloe on it. Cuz I did. And it didn't do ANYTHING.

COOL TRANSITION.

We've had HSA's this week. I took English & Bio. Tomorrow is Math and I get to sleep in ;D sooooo happy!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment