Thursday, January 17, 2013

Poetry Anthology

I know some of these have already been on here but I didn't feel like picking those out. I just copy and pasted. Enjoy :)

Notice Me

Everywhere I heard my name,
But no one ever calls me.
Like lonely branches reaching,
Stretched up,
Tall;
Towards a crescent moon of hope
But never making it.


War Poem

On top of carnage
A man stands still
Waving his country's flag
A surrender cry?
Or a plea for hope
Freedom is what he seems
Peace is what he desires
He never gives up.

A burst of fire
An explosion of ash
This is what we've come to at last
Thick cloudy smoke
Filling our lungs

So hold on real tight
Because we're moving pretty quick
Hop in the backseat
And take reality for a spin sometime.


Alarm Clock

Blaring loud and flashy
Annoying and bright
Why must this item
Interrupt my night?

You cancel my dreams
And make them disappear
You are so loud
I've lost my ability to hear

Still I must use you
As much as I hate you
I need help getting up
So I can see the morning dew

Oversleeping is no fun
But still I wonder why
Can't we be friends?
My alarm clock and I


Triolet

A love for him filled my heart to the brim
And soon for him I fell.
I fell with every bit, every limb
A love for him filled my heart to the brim
Every ounce of me yearned for him
Every word I wanted to yell
A love for him filled my heart to the brim
And soon for him I fell


First Kiss

He walked me home
One autumns day
The sun did not shine
And it began to rain
We stood on my drive
Getting wet from the sky
And I waited patiently
For a hug goodbye
It did not come
Though I guessed he was stalling
Little did I know
We both soon would be falling
He spoke with his eyes
I looked at his lips
And we both leaned in
For a goodbye kiss
It may have been quick
But it sure made me smile
Until I realized that for another
I would have to wait a little while.


Falling

Suddenly in sunlight
I spy my fate
It's eyes deep like a rose
Impressed by this I move closer
Until
With eyes
Shining bright with curiosity
I fall.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment