Wednesday, May 15, 2013

RED

I SAW MY FIRST CONCERT ON SATURDAY NIGHT!

Alright, alright. I know it's Wednesday. I realize I probably should have written this on Sunday but I was exhausted and then I just didn't have time yesterday or Monday.

I saw Taylor Swift's RED tour in Washington DC on Saturday, May 11. This was my first real concert so it was really exciting. We were sitting dead center stage but up really high in the stadium. We were so high that I was legitimately terrified. I was panicking and my mom was like "What can I do?!" and trying to help and all but it was okay. Once the lights were off, I couldn't even tell I was up high.

There was a little opening for the opening act and it was performed by Brett Eldredge. I honestly don't know who he is but he was really good. A little too country for my taste, but I enjoyed it. He was really handsome.

Ed Sheeran was the "warm up" act for Taylor and he was AMAZING. My mom didn't like him but all I could think was "OH MY GOD THERE'S AN ACTUAL BRIT STANDING ON STAGE AND HE LOOKS LIKE RON WEASLEY! SING A TEAM!!!" And he did and it made me happy :)

Then, after about an hour, it was finally time for Taylor :) she is BEAUTIFUL in person. Oh my god she's gorgeous. The concert was beyond words. She was so funny and charismatic and relatable and I loved it. The show was breathtaking and if you can find tickets, go. It was truly incredible. I couldn't have asked for a better first concert.

After the show, however, Mom and I left through a different exit than we came in on and we got SO LOST. In DC. At 11 o'clock at night. We were terrified and sweaty and frustrated. My mom kept saying "think of it this way, when we find the car, we won't have to worry about post-concert traffic" which wasn't very comforting.

Finally around 11:45 we found the car and we jumped in and locked the doors and blasted the air conditioning and got the hell out of the parking garage. We'd been looking in the wrong garage the entire time, which is why we couldn't find the car.

Then when we got out of the garage we could really find the highway and we both had to pee and we were hungry and we were scared to stop because it was after midnight by that time. We called my dad to ask how to find the highway and of course right as we called, we found it.

It took us about 2 hours to get home after that whole debacle. I was talking to my freshie friend Ryan the whole time :) he's so sweet.

It was probably one of the best nights of my life.

Then I started drivers ed :( I have to go there in about an hour. Ugh. I don't want to. This is my 3rd class. I hate ittttt. It's so boring. But I'm doing it with Carrie and our friends Trey and Zach are in this class too so it's so too bad.


I just remembered something funny that Taylor said. "A lot of critics say I write a lot of 'break up' songs. But you know what? I LIKE writing break up songs! They make me FEEL BETTER!"

She was so sarcastic and hilarious. I want her to be my new best friend.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment