Saturday, July 27, 2013

Human Beings

Today was the first day in many days that I actually went out and did something. For the last two weeks, I'd say, I have barely done anything. I've been in a bit of a funk, to be perfectly honest. A little bit depressed, I might even say. Okay, a lot depressed.

But that's not important. What's important is today. Today was a really good day.

Okay so last night Jean and I were talking and we were saying how we want to go shopping but we have no money. So we decided to go to the mall and look for jobs and get lunch and hang out and stuff.

Also last night, I began Day One on "The Search For A Car!" It was exciting. We went to CarMax but nothing was in my price range. I really need a car... I really need my license... Ugh. My test is August 16 so I'm hoping and hoping that I do well.

Anyway, today at about 11, my dad and I drove to Jean's and picked her up and we went to the mall. My dad dropped us off at Macys and we got really lost. It's sad, because both of us have lived here all of our lives and we still can't find our way around the damn Macys.

Then we were looking around at our options. We put applications in at Charlotte Russe, Victoria's Secret, Aeropostale, American Eagle, and Claire's. Jean also grabbed an application from Deb but I didn't want to work there.

After we spent a good hour filling out these applications, we decided we were hungry so we got soft pretzels. I absolutely LOVE soft pretzels. They're one of my favorite things ever.

Then we went into Hot Topic and fangirled over all of the Doctor Who, Big Bang Theory, and Harry Potter stuff. It was pretty funny. They had a whole display of just Doctor Who stuff with like socks and key chains and all kinds of crap. It was fantastic. I really wanted TARDIS socks but they were reallllly expensive and, like I said, I have no job so I'm broke.

Then we walked around a little more and went to this little pastry/coffee shop (I don't know how to spell it's name). Jean got cheesecake and I got a chocolate topped cream puff (which was good but it kind of got destroyed so I couldn't finish it). Then her dad picked us up and he took me home.

After that, I got ready to go to my friend Aaron's graduation party. That was a lot of fun too. I'm kind of very antisocial but I got to see some people I hadn't seen in a while like Aaron and Christa and Joy and Carrie and Dana, among others.

Basically now I'm exhausted but I really want to write and I am actually feeling kind of inspired. I found an old story I wrote back in, like, seventh grade (titled "The Society") about a girl named Silence who had special elemental abilities. I told you about my role playing with Jean and how I want to write more fantasy stuff, so I've been fixing it up. Actually, it was really really bad and I'm just rewriting it completely.

It's really coming along nicely. The original is about 41 pages long and in the last 24 hours I've written about 3 and a half pages. I've created a much deeper plot line and made Silence a little more dynamic as a character and, quite frankly, a little more badass.

I'm loving it and I just want to finish it as quickly as possible so I can share it with you guys. I'll probably post it chapter by chapter but I'm not sure if I'll even put it up here because it'll be so long.

Anyway, it's getting late and all I want to do is write and watch Heroes on Netflix, so I bid thee farewell!! Goodnight!

<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment