Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Now On Payroll

Guess who is no longer a hobo. That's right, Megan got a real job.

I'm working at a bakery about ten minutes from my house :) Yesterday was my first day and, let me tell you, I'm exhausted.

I worked 8 hours. I'm being trained this week and hopefully by the time school starts I'll be all ready to work regular hours. I'll be mostly the evening shift during the week, which is 3 in the afternoon to about 8 at night.

I saw how crazy it gets in the morning and how calm and borderline boring it is in the afternoon. Not many people come in after lunch for donuts and Danishes. BUT some people do come in and there's cake orders and stuff, too.

I haven't had to answer the phone or anything yet though. I'm scared to... But I do ring up the cash register and I'm kind of learning the prices...

Today I worked the same shift today and will do so tomorrow, as well. 7 AM to 3 PM. Hell and back, basically. Today was extremely slow. Until we had about four different people come in asking about cakes. Which, as I said, I don't know how to do. There's this pricing sheet but it's so confusing.

Basically I'm still asking a lot of questions. It's not enjoyable being the new kid. I have to do most of the work because it's training. So every customer, I have to go to. It keeps things interesting. Mostly everyone is very friendly. I'm just still a bit slow. My brain needs to learn how to keep up.

I really like Morgan, the girl I've been working with. We've talked about seriously everything in the last two days. There's like nothing to do sometimes, so we talk about ourselves. It's kind of funny because every time we discover something we have in common, she goes "Holy sh!t we're twins, I swear."

Friday and Saturday I'm working the evening shift with a girl I have yet to meet. That's a little nerve-wracking. But, it's a shorter shift (only 3 PM to closing, about 5 hours) and it'll be kind of slow since not many people come in for a dozen donuts at seven o'clock at night.

I'll be working primarily the evening shift because I'm still in high school. I don't have to work Sunday which is awesome because I have school the next day...

SCHOOL STARTS IN LESS THAN A WEEK AND I'M FREAKING OUT.

<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment