Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nymphs: introduction

“Bow down to your queen, peasant!” I yelled.
“No! No! NO! I refuse! Let me go!” my prisoner, Coral, screamed in pain. I was holding her from behind with her arms hooked together.
“Let her go!” Coral's good friend, Reina, tried breaking Coral free. Of course I repelled her. I am much too powerful!
“Never!”
“Please! Please!!!!” Coral begged. Tears streamed from her violet eyes.
“Take me instead! Take me!” Reina said quietly all of the sudden.
“What? No who will guard the jewels?!” Coral again attempted at release. It barely even phased me. I had heard of the jewels. The magic jewels.
“I'll make a deal with you,” I said grasping Coral tighter. Her long brown haired head whipped around so as to see my face to see whether or not I was bluffing. “I'm serious.”
“What sort of deal?” Reina asked in pure curiosity.
“If I let her go, then the entire village is MINE. Including the cuties, the animals, and all the nymphs. Every single living creature is mine.”
“Or?” Reina and Coral inquired simultaneously.
“Or she stays here and your entire kingdom is absolutely free. Completely and absolutely free. She stays as my loyal servant and potion mistress and you and all your silly creatures are absolutely free and will be rid of me forever.”
“Take option two!” Coral said although she sounded sincere, she also sounded quite pathetic.
“What about you?!”
“Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I'll be able to do something that I'm good at... I'm really good at potions and stuff.”
“I don't care!” Reina cried. “Narissa! Take me instead!” she added bravely.
“Deal or no deal. Either way, I win. One way or another.”
“Fine. We'll take option two.” I grinned. “But with a condition.”
“What's that?” I asked. I was a bit worried because I am a terrible negotiator.
“You take me as well,” Reina whispered.
“No. Deal or no deal?”
“Then... no deal. You let her go and you can have our village.”
“My, my, my Reina. Giving me your entire village just to save one innocent soul? Are you absolutely sure? This is your last chance?” Her hands were behind her back. I questioned myself silently.
“I am sure.” And a large rock was thrown at my head.
Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment