Friday, July 16, 2010

Poetry

So, like I have mentioned before, I am a writer. I write poetry and short stories and novellas. Here are two poems that I wrote.

LIFE
Life has made me strong
Disappointments send me wrongs
Throw me off the road,
Take a left,
Then a right.
Stop.
Don't stop.
Life made me realize
I can't get what I want
Right when I want it.
Life has made me think
That even when I sink,
Even if I fall
Someone will be there to catch me.
Life has formed me.

SUNSET SUNDAY
Sunrise is gold
Too bad it won't hold
Sunset is red
Like the possible future ahead
Like on a Sunday
When the light is just right
And the leaves on the trees
Dance in the breeze.
As much as the sunrise
Is pretty in yellow,
I am glad for the sunset
Not quite a goodbye,
But a hello.

Tomorrow is my cruise. I am so nervous and excited and scared. I know times have changed since Titanic but I can't help but be nervous. Also I won't be able to call my family while at sea... no cell towers :\

Anyway, today we went to get my grandma at the airport. My mother managed to get completely and utterly lost at the gate so it took us like an hour just to get inside and to the gate my grandma was arriving from. But her terminal was way in the back so she didn't get out for like 15 minutes ;) So it was all good!!!!

Tonight is my last post until Friday. I am watching Valentine's Day right now. I love this movie :D I'm at the part where Anne Hathaway's character tells her boyfriend that she's an "adult phone entertainer." :)

I'm going to bed now because I have to wake up at 6:00 AM tomorrow :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment