Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dear Damn Diary

I started a new story guys! It's called Dear Damn Diary. Right now haha! Titles always change. I decided on that title for now because when I am really pissed off I write in my journal/diary thing. I write "Dear Damn Diary" at the top and then pour out my feelings. So that's what this character does too. Her name is Veronica "Rover" Williams. I got the idea for the name Rover from this childrens story my English teacher read us called "Rover." It was written from the dogs point of view (we were studying POV at the time) and the dog called his owner Rover. Anyway, the story is going to be sort of like Twilight but without the mythical creatures. Two people meet, fall in love, and realize that there's no way they could ever let each other go. Here's a little sneak peak:

*Lost. Stranded. These are just a few words to describe how I felt. The new school was unfamiliar and cold. I was surrounded by people yet I felt alone. I stood in the middle of the chaos looking hopelessly at my schedule. Was it second of third period that I had lunch? What room was PORT 4? How the hell was I supposed to get to room 207 if I wasn't permitted to cross through the library? Yesterday seemed so easy. Of course, yesterday was Sunday and I was taking a private tour of the large high school.
I just transferred to the small town of Bel Air, Maryland from Louisville, Kentucky. We got into Bel Air around three-thirty on Thursday afternoon. Friday we got all of our stuff from the moving trucks and on Saturday we were unpacking and getting settled. On Sunday, my mom and I went to my new school to enrole me into the eleventh grade. The ninth grade vice principal, Mr. Macks, showed me around the school. It seemed pretty easy... but that was with the school empty. Now, fuller than I ever imagined possible, it was overwhelming as anything. *

You like? :)

Today my sister gave me an eraser that is shaped like an ice cream cone. It would be absolutely precious if it wasn't strawberry ice cream :P No offense to any strawberry ice cream-lovers out there, it's just not my thing!

This week was Spirit Week at my school. Monday was Get Up N Go day (pajamas!!!!), Tuesday was Flashback Day (I dressed up like Madonna!!!!!!), Wednesday was Twin Day (I was sick so I missed it), and today was Spirit Day. Freshmen wear gray, Sophmores wear blue, Juniors wear white, and Seniors wear black. You decorate a shirt that is your designated color and if you wear another class's color or any other color for that matter, you get "tagged" which is when an upperclassmen writes on your shirt with a Sharpie.

It's a lot of fun because it's the day of Pep Rally and the Homecoming Game! The Pep Rally was sooooo much fun. The Color Guard, Dance Team, Marching Band, Cheerleaders, and Step Squad performed. Between the performances, there were games.

The first one was Freshies against Sophmores tug-of-war. The Sophmores cheated though because right before the Freshies were about to win, some lunatic Sophmore jumped up and pulled on the rope and they all fell. But the Sophmores won :P The second was musical chairs. Five teachers were blindfolded and had to try and find the chairs while the Seniors moved the chairs around to make it difficult. The third was a Twinkie eating contest and my friend Laney was in it! She came in second to a guy named Jesse. It was so funny because they were all trying to eat the Twinkies fast and they were like choking on it! It was in a funny way though :) The last one was the JV Football players had tissue boxes taped to their butts. There were five ping pong balls inside of the boxed and they had to try and get the balls out without using their hands. You wanna see something funny? JV Football players DIRTY DANCING. They were shaking their butts and then they went into a crabwalk position and...yeah :) IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! :)

I'm starting to LOVE high school now. Wish me more luck!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment