Friday, March 11, 2011

...What the Hell?

I just spent the last two hours feeling two things:

1) I felt like I had gotten stabbed in the heart.
2) I felt starving because the restaurant we went to was super crowded.

I just found out that this guy (let's call him... Joe) that I thought really liked me just thinks of me as the punch line to his jokes.

Joe and I were hanging out in homeroom this morning. I thought he was flirting because I was tweeting and he kept trying to take my phone. So I flirted back. I mean, I don't really like him in THAT way... but he's nice... or so I thought.

Then in the middle of dinner I get a text from another friend (let's call her Jane) saying that she talked to Joe. Jane told me that Joe said that "he only hangs around me because it makes me feel awkward" and that "it's all a joke." I felt like crying right there. For real. I even left the table and went into the bathroom at the Chinese place. I didn't cry but I texted Jane back for a few minutes until I figured my parents would wonder where I was.

So... I'm a joke. I mean, Joe IS a sophmore and I'm just a freshmen but I really thought he liked me. We used to go to camp together for, like, two years.

So now I'm listening to my "Breakup Songs" playlist on my iTunes. I know that technically we weren't going out and I don't like him... but I still feel sort of betrayed.

I had DRAMAFEST today :) We watched three plays. Or scenes from plays.

1) Lysistrata - All the women of Ancient Greece go on strike because all of their husbands are at war all the time and when they do come back, the men just want to have sex and then return to war. The women get fed up. Go Spartans ;)

2) The Worst High School Play in the History of the World - Not kidding about the title. It was hilariously horrible. Like Miley Cyrus hosting SNL last week ;) Basically it was about a girl and a boy who fell in love and couldn't get married. Kind of like Romeo&Juliet but a bit more modern.

3) I Don't Know the Title - This was just a scene from a play that the visiting school was going to perform later in the year. It was about these guys who go to a women's fishing tournament just to flirt. It was sorta funny.......

My fortune at the Chinese restaurant was "You Will Have a Secret Admirer." Fat chance.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment