Sunday, April 1, 2012

Countdown to 16

Let me start by saying HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY. Yup.

I haven't been writing. I'm very disappointed in myself for being blocked for so long. Being to my creative writing class has opened my eyes to new styles of writing but I still find it difficult to get started. I have a few ideas jumbled in my brain but I can't figure out how to get them started. And I haven't edited RR in forever I don't even remember what part I'd ended at.

I'm so disappointed in myself. And the worst of it is my friend is writing a really amazing story. I mean, really amazing. It's historical fiction set in the great depression and it's absolutely wonderful. But it's making me jealous. I'd never tell her that but it does. so jealous. I'm hungry for ideas and for writing. I need to write and being blocked like this is driving me crazy. Literally.

I used to set aside an hour or so each day devoted to adding to stories or starting new ones. Now I avoid it at all costs. And that's so horrible. This is what I'm good at. This is what I love and I can't bring myself to do it.

It's eating me alive.

I try to think of unique ideas. Ideas that no ones really used before. That's really hard though because all of my favorite stories often have similar themes. I don't want to copy. I know it's not really copying but to me, if I didn't come up with that unique idea, then it's not mine and I don't have the right to write about it.

I think I will try to write tonight. I often get good ideas at night and I do my best writing after 7.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment