Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Dream/Silent Spider

Here's two poems I wrote to be submitted to a local contest, but my teacher hates me so she rejected them :/ tell me what you guys think?

A Dream

A cafe terrace
In quaint little France
The cobblestoned streets
And wrought-iron hand railings
I feel beneath my small hand
We sit in the small cafe
Outside
Where a cool breeze lightly blows
Cooling our skin under a deep blue sky
People watching
People talking, friends laughing
Families fighting, and lovers kissing
I press a small flaky pastry to my lips
And it tastes warm and buttery
I feel his hand on the small of my back
Guiding me around this little town
The scent of black coffee and baked goods
Wafts through the air
I close my eyes and wish I could stay here forever
And I awake in my room
Sheets thrashed about
Beginning to see that my dream place
Was just that:
A dream.

Silent Spider

I watch the 8 legged creature climb
Crawling
This monster
Petrifying me
S that I can't even move an inch
It dangles down on a single thread
Swinging
Swinging
Back and forth
Taunting me as if to say
"You are mine now
And I've got you right where I want you."
She looks at me
Straight in the face
With her beady little eyes
She sways too close
And
Without thinking
I jump up
Running away
Screaming

.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment