Saturday, March 30, 2013

The M Word

In my house, there is one word that is never ever spoken unless in a dire situation.

MIGRAINE.

My mother is very superstitious and refuses to have that word said in her house because she thinks she'll get one.

I've been having really awful headaches (I'm sure I've mentioned it before...) and it makes it very hard to sleep and concentrate, etc.

Let me start off at the beginning of the week with Monday.

MONDAY:
     Monday was Passover. I woke up with a really bad headache and just wanted to stay in my pajamas all day. Plus it had snowed and I HATE snow. Anyway, we went to PA for Passover and I helped out with the Seder and dishing out food and stuff. It was nice and I felt good helping out (I had a bit of an alterior motive, but I won't go into that). I went home and went to sleep.

TUESDAY:
     School. Sucks. Ass. It was a B day, which meant Environmental, Journalism, German, and Trig. I had tests in German & Trig, and I pretty much hate everything about science so the only decent class was Journalism. But we worked on the computers and it hurt my eyes. That afternoon, Austin walked me home, but he had to leave pretty much right away. Which made me sad. But I'd had a headache anyway, so I went up to my room and put on my pajamas and lay down.
     I soon developed a migraine and couldn't do anything but turn off all my lights and cover my eyes with a pillow. I quickly fell asleep and didn't wake up until almost 8 PM. I had some chicken noodle soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. In hindsight, the sandwich was probably a mistake because I became extremely naseous.
     Despite my afternoon nap, I became very exhausted around 9:30 and climbed into bed to go to sleep. I was playing "Chameleon Circuit" (Doctor Who fan music) faintly to help me fall asleep and discovered that I couldn't sleep. I was up all night. I slept from 1:30 to about 3:40 AM. That was it. The rest of the night I was up crying and rocking back and forth because I was in so much pain.

WEDNESDAY:
     My mother came into my room at 6:25 because I had a meeting with German National Honor Society at school at 7. I was crying and said "Mom, I can't. It hurts..." and she scheduled an appointment at our pediatrician for 1:30. I spent most of the day sleeping and watching Doctor Who on Netflix.
     Unfortunately, my doctor didn't know what was wrong with me. He prescribed a Z-Pack (medicine for a sinus infection), and requested for blood work and a CT scan. I was petrified. I really really hate needles and I'd never had a CT scan before.
     We went to the lab to get my blood test and I was shaking so bad I couldn't even text Austin to tell him what was happening. I went back into the room and sat in the chair. I felt like I was being sentenced to an electric chair. The woman tied a tourniquet around my arm and started looking for a good vein. I was shaking so bad and so stressed that she couldn't find one. She tried the other arm but went back to my left arm and stuck me. I jumped and started, well, vibrating I was trembling so much. My blood wouldn't flow because I was so stressed. So she HAD TO DO IT AGAIN.
     I seriously almost passed out. I got so lightheaded and I couldn't stand and I started crying. I don't know how people give blood.
     Then I had to get the damn CT scan, which wasn't so bad, but I had to sit very very still... something I'm not very good at, which you know from my "My Bad Habits" post.

THURSDAY:
     I went to school, totally fine, and spent all of homeroom walking around with Austin gathering my missed work. Soon, though, I got a headache. In German we watched a movie; Vitus. The lights being off and the light from the projector hurt my eyes so bad. I just put my face in my hands and put my head on my desk. Kevin and David were sitting on either side of me and said I looked like I was freezing, I was shaking so bad. I told them I wasn't cold, but in extreme pain.
     Nothing else really happened... I just spent the entire day with a splitting headache and wanted to cry.

FRIDAY:
     The pediatrician called and informed me that I wasn't anemic (low red blood cell count) and I probably didn't have a sinus infection. He said I had to get more tests done though because there was something abnormal with my thyroid.
     So yesterday I had to go back to the lab and endure another test. This one wasn't as bad until it was over. The woman had set the vials of my blood on the counter right in front of me. I saw them and almost threw up. I had to lay down.

So that was my week. Today is Saturday and we went to the Promenade and walked for a little while to enjoy the nice weather.

I still have no idea what is wrong with my head. I have a really bad headache right now, so I'm going to go because the light from my laptop isn't helping it.

<3 p="">
 

No comments:

Post a Comment