Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Man of Steel

Hunter and I went out last night to go and see "Man of Steel" which, in case you've been living under a rock, is the new Superman movie.

He picked me up and met my mom and sisters. Of course Melanie and Meredith were weird and awkward to try and embarrass me.. Don't tell them, but it worked. I was so nervous!!

Anyway, we got to the theatre and got tickets and stuff and we ended up sitting in three different spots before Hunter and I were both satisfied.

We talked for a little while before the movie started and into the previews a bit. We bickered about Batman vs Superman. Hunter LOVES Batman and I, on the other hand, think he's just a rich guy who protects people. No different than a wealthy police officer in tights. Superman has legitimate powers!! But then of course he brought up the point of Iron Man and I couldn't disagree. My only argument against that was that Iron Man has Robert Downey Jr.

The movie itself was too action-y. No one seems to understand what I mean by this so let me try and explain.

An action movie, in my opinion, should have other aspects of other genres mixed in to keep the plot interesting. Take The Avengers, Iron Man, and X-Men: First Class. Those are all action movies. BUT they're funny and have romance and other things going on! Man of Steel, I felt, was a bit boring with all of this stuff happening and nothing else going on. There was very little romance between Clark and Lois, the movie kept going back and forth between flashbacks, and it was impossible to tell where the climax was. Something huge would happen and you'd think "Oh that's the climax, it must be almost over." But then thirty seconds later, another huge thing would happen and you'd think the same thing. It was endless.

Regardless, I had a good time :) The movie was okay. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. Hunter was a perfect gentleman and we just had a really good time.

Here's a fun fact: When we held hands, we were kind of having a thumb war and I kept losing because I have little baby hands. Then when I got mad, he'd just say something really sweet and force me to smile.

I've been smiling for no reason while writing this out.
<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment