Sunday, July 7, 2013

An Actual Piece of Writing!

Here's a poem I've been working on for about an hour. I have been feeling really not great today and I got this sudden burst of inspiration and, look, I actually finished something. It's a bit rough but it's what I wanted to say.

I Want You
by Megan Rachel Clark

I want rolling down the windows
With the wind messing up our hair,
Singing on the tops of our lungs.
 
I want impulse.
Like kissing me in front of everyone
Because you don't care what they think of us.

I want laying in the grass,
Looking at the stars,
Talking about how ridiculous we are.

I want crazy.
Like scooping me up and sitting me on your lap
And telling me I look beautiful.
 
I want cheesy pictures taken on our phones,
Just to be silly and stupid,
Because we want to hold the memories.
 
I want sincerity
Like telling me to stop being self conscious
Because you always think I'm pretty.

I want to cuddle often
With my head on your shoulder
Keeping me safe and warm.
 
I want goofiness,
Because it's adorable on you,
And makes me smile for real.

I want all of you
All to myself.
Because you're spectacular.

<3 br="">

No comments:

Post a Comment