Saturday, July 13, 2013

GO AWAY LAWN MOWERS

There's a lawn mower going outside somewhere and IT IS SO NOISY I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK.

I'm sitting here trying to write and I still have nothing. Want to know why? Because nothing inspires me.

I'm having a really bad day.

A really really bad day. I just want to hide and lock myself in my room and cry and watch Doctor Who on Netflix and read. I don't want to have to worry about anything.

Since I can't do that, I'm doing the next best thing. I'm seeing my best friend.

Carrie and I are having a sleepover and I can't wait. I don't remember the last time we had a sleepover and I know I haven't seen Care in weeks. I'm excited. I have to see her.

Currently I have a splitting headache and this is the best I could manage with my writing. I give up.

Here's the beginning of the story I've been writing. Enjoy..


There is a legend in my world that every child knows. Two hundred years ago, the grand Emperor Maximus had his heart broken by a woman of a lower class. He hated the feeling of rejection and set out to find his soul mate. He became obsessed with finding his one true love. The emperor summoned the very best jeweler, blacksmith, and wizard to his court and created something... Something that we still use in my world today. Soul Mate Charms.

Every child in the land, boy or girl, receives a charm on the day of their birth that is to be worn on a piece of twine around their necks. No two charms are exactly alike.

The jeweler and blacksmith passed their craft on to their sons, and their sons, and their sons, but the wizard never dies. The three always worked together to continue creating the charms that would help every citizen find their one true match in this world of bitter heartbreak.

The wizard's goal was to make sure each charm was able to detect exactly what the wearer needed in a mate. The charms weren't set in stone and could change direction depending on the personality.

The charms were created so that as you got closer to your potential soul mate, it would grow warmer and as you moved further away, it would grow colder. It was like a scavenger hunt for the love of your life.

The jeweler's goal was to make sure each charm was unique and beautiful. They were to be worn always so they may as well be aesthetically pleasing.

The blacksmith's goal was to make sure each charm was durable. If it were to be worn at all times, they have to be able to endure the different climates and obstacles it may encounter.

The Emperor, jeweler, blacksmith, and wizard worked for months perfecting the charms before they were sent out into the land and given to every unmarried citizen. They were sent to hospitals to be given to every child and the Emperor, of course, got one of his own.

There was only one problem with the charms. Not everyone found a soul mate. The land was small and bleak and, quite honestly, in the middle of no where. Still, everyone had hope.

Much like the Emperor in his time, there was a young man named Lucas who was beginning to get discouraged. His charm had been cold for as long as he could remember, and he was beginning to give up on himself.

Lucas was an average but respectable man of twenty years with longish brown hair and hazel eyes. He led a simple life working as a healer in the apothecary in town. That was the one thing that Lucas possessed that many before him lacked: compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment