Monday, July 1, 2013

Take Me Or Leave Me

Today Hunter came over and we watched Rent :) I liked it a lot more than Les Mis but that's because he's really into history and I'm not as much. Les Miserables was good but I thought Rent was more exciting.

It was kind of random. I don't think I'd be able to give a summary of the musical. It took place in NYC in the 1990's and the main characters were a filmmaker, a man HIV positive, a stripper that's HIV positive, two lesbians, a gay man, and a gay drag queen that has AIDS. It was kind of fantastic. The music was incredible. I loved it all. The story line wasn't very confusing and I followed it even though I was paying more attention to Hunter.

We had a lot of fun :)

So guess what idiot lost her learners permit? THIS ONE. So I get to spend hours at the DMV tomorrow getting a new permit. HELL YEAH. I'M SO EXCITED. HEAVY SARCASM.

I literally have no idea where it is. I've lost it before but it always showed up. My room isn't even messy right now and I can't find it. I thought maybe it fell out of my pocket when I was driving or when I was at my friend Christa's house but it is no where. It must have fallen out of my pocket outside somewhere and blew away. I'm so upset. I really don't like driving but I don't like not having it. I like having identification. Don't ask me why, I have no idea.

I had my first drive time on Saturday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There were some awkward silences and my instructor kept saying "bonehead!" and stuff. It was weird.

He kept saying I was a pretty good driver considering I only have a handful of hours of behind the wheel practice. I felt pretty confident except he kept having to tell me to slow down. It's not that I speed on purpose, but sometimes I forget to check how fast I'm going and I got 5 or 6 miles over the speed limit. It's pretty bad... Apparently on the actual driving test, if you go 5 miles over the speed limit, it's an automatic fail. So I need to work on that.

Guess what? I can type about 85 words per minute. I took a test online.

I've been applying for jobs.

OMG OMG OMG I JUST REMEMBERED!!!!! Okay. So my cumulative GPA so far is a 3.4 and I got a 1630 on my SATs. Do you know what that means?!?!?!?! I HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR WASHINGTON COLLEGE!!!! I'm so excited. I got an email from them saying that if I applied by a certain date (sometime in August), then they are going to waive my application fee by $50 AND put me into consideration for a merit scholarship!

You guys have no idea how much I want to go to Washington College. It's my first choice. It's right by our family friends, it's got one of the best writing programs in the country, it's a beautiful environment, I just loved it so much. I want to visit again. If I get in there, there will be no question about where I'm going to school. I'm going to apply to Washington, Roanoke, Towson, and probably UMCP or UMBC. Maybe McDaniel, but probably not.

I'm so pumped for the next year or so. I'm so excited. I really am. I'm staying positive.

<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment