Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fine day, Sunday.

If you know where the quote from the title of this post is from, leave me a comment and I will love you forever.

ANYWAY! Hello :)

So, as you all know, I earned my license on Thursday. If you know me, you know how often I complain about driving and how much I hate it.

I'd like to take the time now to take back all of those complaints and say that it's so much fun when you actually have the right to do it by yourself.

I drove myself to and from work last night and it was just wonderful. I walked right into work and held up my keys and mouthed "I drove myself!" to Morgan, who was with a customer, and she gives me a thumbs up and grins.

I have found that I am a nervous talker, and I often find myself blabbing about nothing whilst I'm behind the wheel. But then I discovered this thing called The Radio that lets me distract myself from my nervousness and not look like a crazy person talking to myself in my car.

I'm kidding. I know what the radio is. But I never really listened to music while I drove because my dad was always like "no you need to concentrate on the road!" But now I'm driving solo, so I can listen to WHATEVER I WANT. AND IT'S SO NICE.

Today I woke up to the smell of bacon in the house and I was greeted with waffles and fried pig fat when I entered the kitchen.

Then we made plans for the day. My parents needed to go to target and I needed to go to the bank and the drugstore, so I took Melanie and Meredith with me on my errands.

I deposited my two most recent paychecks and I now have almost $600 in my bank account!!!! A whopping $600!!! It's exciting for me.

Of course, since I'm still a minor, I am unable to withdraw any money from my account, so after we went to CVS, we had to go home, for there was almost no gas left in the car by this point.

Eventually my mom and dad got home and Mom went out to get gas and get money for Melanie and I, who were going to Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, and Michaels for poster board.

We had a really fun time out. We left our house around 11 or 11:30 and didn't get home till 1ish.

We went to Barnes and Noble and smelled books and bought one for my mom, which she'd sent us out to get. Then we went over to Starbucks and got drinks and coffee cake. I got a white chocolate mocha (which I added whole milk and cinnamon to) and Mel got a double chocolate frap thing.

I had WANTED to get a Cinnamon Dolce Crème Frap but for some reason, it wasn't on the menu. It was on the website but not on the menu. I don't frequent Starbucks very often, and I was wondering if you can order things not on the menu. Like everything up on the menu was very generic and boring, besides the Pumpkin Spice stuff. So if someone could help me with this problem, I'd be very grateful!

After our coffee and cake, we walked over to Michaels and bought Melanie some poster board. By this point, we only had about $6 left in cash. Starbucks is freaking expensive.

Moral of the post: I really enjoy driving around town by myself or with my sisters. I feel more confident now about driving for some reason. Like now that I know the professionals have faith in me, I have faith in me. If that makes any sense... Probably not.

I'm quite sick at the moment and I keep having these awful coughing fits that leave me curled up in a ball and eyes all watery. It's very unpleasant. Melanie and Meredith have similar symptoms.

Sigh. School tomorrow, and I still don't have a car of my own. I need my own car. I really love my dad's car (if you took out all the boy-ness of it, i.e. garbage and all of his work stuff) and it's a good, nice size for me. But I'd really like one of my own that I bought by myself and it could be all mine :) I shall name it.

Any ideas on names? Let me know. I like Shakira and Timothy so far.

<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment